Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day 2009

Holidays are tons more fun with family. Especially Valentine's Day. This Hallmark holiday is waayy overrated, unless you make a big deal about it like Mom E did for the kids. She had heart-shaped felt bags with treats in them for me and Little I and gifts wrapped up for Little I--a wooden Thomas the Tank Engine, the Troublesome Trucks, and some track for them to ride on. It has been a big hit all day. Mr. C got a new toy to grab and chew, but he didn't seem to realize it was a holiday. Rather than fight the crowds and spin the roullette wheel of eating out on Valentine's Day, we're continuing our tradition of eating in. I make dinner and Mom E makes dessert. We're having filet mignon, salad greens with homemade roquefort blue cheese dressing, and roasted root vegetables. For dessert, it's made-from-scratch brownies and vanilla ice cream with a mixed berry sauce. Right now, Little I is considering eating some heart-shaped Jello. So here's a Valentine from us to you, we hope your day is special.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm impressed! Maybe next year we'll order from the Robertson Gourmet and eat-in as well!