Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mud Pies

When I was little, my older sisters made me a "mud pie" and used their powers of persuasion to get me to eat it. Looking back, I'm still not sure why I took a bite. I knew it was mud. I didn't for once think that the "mud pie" that looked exactly like a mound of mud was anything other than mud. But, my sisters were so earnest. I thought, they must really want me to take a bite of this for some reason, I wonder what it is... "OH YOU JUST ATE DIRT!!!" Yeah, I did. Stupid sisters. I guess I didn't learn my lesson with the vanilla extract, or the dog food . . . or the cat food.
I had this flashback of my childhood mud pie moment just a few days ago while I was watering the flowers. Little I had dumped some bubble soap out and I went over to use the hose to wash off the porch. Bubbles foamed in the grass and Mr C couldn't stay away. I returned to watering flowers thinking that Mr C might have fun playing in the bubbles, but after a few moments, I looked back to see Mr C with a mouthful of mud, blissfully munching away on soapy mud. I'm wishing now that I had taken the photo before I wiped the top of Mr C's mouth, because bits of grass and mud were everywhere! I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised as Mr C generally has a tendency to want to put rocks (or snails) into his mouth, but it was all I could do to keep from dying laughing. At least we now know what kind of cake to get Mr C for his 1 year birthday!

P.S. I sometimes use the pictures from this blog for my computer at work. I've discovered the 8x10 proportions works best for my work computer, which has a traditional glass-screen monitor. For my home computer monitor, an LCD flat-screen, the 3x4 size works better. In future posts that have background-quality photos, I'll probably do the photo with 8x10 proportions, then do a link to the 3x4 version. If you want to do this and need some guidance, try the following: Pass your icon over the picture above. Right click, then choose "Set as Background." If, when you close your windows, the background is too big, try right clicking on the desktop, then choose "Properties." A window entitled "Display Properties" will open. Click on the tab that says "Desktop." If the Position listed is "Center" or "Tile," you need to change it to "Stretch." If you already have it on "Stretch" and it looks skewed, click on the link that says "3x4 version" above and repeat the above steps with that picture instead. If neither ratio works for your computer, let me know and I'll try something different.

No comments: