Sunday, January 6, 2008

Gratuitous Bragging


Little I continues to make Mom E and I laugh at his antics. In the picture to the right, he climbed onto his play table without prompting. The fact that it was without prompting really makes it great. Little I has been practicing climbing up the stairs and has gotten quite good at climbing up and down the stairs all by himself. He also likes to hold my hands and walk up the stairs, taking entire steps with each stride. About two days ago, he decided to walk up the stairs backwards (while holding my hands). Again, it was without prompting. Then, tonight, he decided to make growling noises. He would climb up and down the stairs and toss about roaring like a lion or a velociraptor. It was funny because Mommy and I used to call Little I a velociraptor as a baby since he would eat voraciously.

Most incredible to me are the instances where Little I has displayed amazing recognition skills. One of our new favorite books asks how dinosaurs eat their food; one specific line asks if a dinosaur would "stick beans up its nose?" On cue, Little I points to either my nose or his. In the same book, there is a soccer ball. When I pointed it out, he stopped, looked up, pointed to a picture of a soccer ball in his room, and grunted. Then, today, I showed him a blue bird in a bird book. He went and got his puzzle with a blue bird on it. The recognitions go on and each one tickles me to know that his mind is growing, making connections, and figuring things out.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm adding you to my Google Reader!

mamahenn said...

I am so glad that yall are blogging- it is so great to keep up with everyone! Can't wait to read more!!